What you’ll need:
– iPhone with a TrueDepth camera (X, XS, XR, 11, iPad Pro 3rd Gen)
– A video editing app: iMovie/Videoleap/Kinemaster
– A microphone
– Open messages
– Create an Animoji character or select one of the default ones
– If you’re having trouble, just follow the instructions in “Create and send an Animoji” section here: https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT208190
– If you’re recording yourself, use a mic and if it’s two of you, use two devices.
– Once you’ve recorded and sent a video, save it to your Photos app
– Import these video clips into a video editing app, add text, background, overlays… and export.
While importing these directly in FCP X, there was a glitch. So we made a green screen version on the phone where we synced the audio before taking it to FCP X.
If you follow these steps correctly, you should have something that looks like this:
Or join our slack group: https://join.slack.com/t/inoldnews/shared_invite/zt-dp6viifm-Qve75lEZLA_JqmrUP_7urQ