If you are someone who wants to use phones to tell stories in visual and audio formats that do well on social platforms, this fellowship is designed for you to take your skills to the next level. Mobile Journalism (MoJo) can help you work more independently in the field and at home. It's open to both full-time and freelance journalists.
In this 2-month fellowship, you will learn to shoot, edit and publish stories from your phone. And receive equipment and app licenses to help you through the process. Some things are easier, faster and safer to do on phones. Mobile journalism is a great starting point in multimedia storytelling like videos, podcasts and social media posts.
Besides the technical training, the program will also focus on ethics, digital security and physical safety. During the training, we will help you cover a video story for a publication. We will also try to cover travel expenses for stories if required. But, if possible, as the pandemic poses risks, we encourage you to report on your stories remotely.
The first round of the In Old New MoJo Fellowship helped 41 journalists learn new mobile journalism skills while forming a group that turned into a supportive community offering each other help, sharing opportunities and helping each other network. And now we're excited to welcome more fellows to this group.
We've structured this remote fellowship in a way that even if you are working full time, you will be able to follow along. The weekly training sessions will be scheduled to best suit the availability of the cohort. And the trainers will be available for one-on-one support and problem-solving.
- An Android or iOS device that can run apps like Kinemaster & Filmic Pro
- Able to spend a couple of hours on live calls and exercises every week
- A freelance or full-time journalist living in India
- Publish multiple reported video stories
You can apply for this fellowship by Internews and In Old News here: https://tally.so/r/mZ8q5w
The deadline to submit your application is 30th April 2021.
Join the community on Circle: https://inoldnews.circle.so/home
FEMINA is hiring:
Hindustan Times Digital Limited is looking for an Audience Growth Manager.
1. Be a highly proficient user of audience growth tools including Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Crowdtangle etc.
2. 5 years experience in the digital news business with a good understanding of social intelligence, and rank-monitoring tools.
3. Proven experience in the implementation of data-driven growth strategies to increase traffic.
4. Ability to ideate and execute social media campaigns to increase audience engagement.
5. Excellent understanding of social media channels with flawless written and verbal communication skills.
6. Enthusiastic, dedicated and a good team player.
Send applications to email@example.com
ABOUT THIS NEWSLETTER
This newsletter is an attempt to keep up and share all the latest and greatest stories in media and how they get done. Read about it here: About In Old News-Letter
And if you were forwarded this newsletter, here’s how you can sign up to get the latest editions as they come out!